Welcome to Avensong!
(Last Update: October 22, 2019)
We hope this newsletter will provide our residents helpful information about what’s happening in our neighborhood! If you have any questions about Avensong, please feel free to contact the Avensong HOA at email@example.com!
HOA 4th Quarter Meetings
(Posted October 22, 2019)
The Avensong (Master) and both the Village and Avencroft HOAs held their 2019 4th quarter meetings on Monday 10/21/19. Along with the introduction of HPI key personnel, the Boards discussed the status of the transition from our old management company to HPI.
Currently, all three HOAs are in the process of generating and verifying budgets for 2020. As in year's past, copies of the finalized 2020 budgets will be included in the 2020 HOA dues statements/coupons mailing. Homeowners can expect to see these in the mail toward the end of November. At this time, the actual HOA dues amounts for 2020 have not been finalized. Please make sure you are registered on the HPI website so we that we have an accurate mailing address for all homeowners. Once you register you will be able to pay your dues online or you can get the mailing address and your account number if you prefer to mail in your dues payments.You can click on the link to the left or click here to "Manage Your HPI Account".
Additionally, the Boards shared updates to our Governing Documents including the expanded "Instant Violations" (see article below), a resolution on Homeowner Conduct and updates to the Community Design Standards. Please visits our Governing Documents page to view these items.
Committee updates were shared as well.
- The ACC is looking for new members. As we continue to revise and update our community standards, we need help in doing so. If you have ideas on preserving the curb-appeal of our community we'd love to hear them! You can contact ACC@avensong.org for information on becoming a part of the ACC.
- The Neighborhood Watch shared MPD reports. Please remember if you park your car outside of your garage, LOCK YOUR CAR DOORS! Continued auto break-ins are the result of unlocked doors which make for easy access. We also have a high number of Identity Theft/Fraud incidents. Please empty your mailbox regularly. A stuffed mailbox is an invitation to thieves, not only to get your mail, but to indicate a strong possibility you are not home!
- Do you like shopping for home interiors? The Clubhouse committee needs people to help begin the process of purchasing new appliances for the clubhouse and new chairs and tables. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch!
- The Pool committee addressed the hours for the 2020 season. The pool season will again run from Memorial Day weekend until Labor Day weekend. A discussion on changing the daily hours to 9am-8pm from 10am-8pm was begun but a final decision has not been made. If you would like to have a longer pool season or a longer operating day, we need volunteers to help manage the pool. Without additional help to manage the pool, the daily hours and the season will remain the same. The maintenance contract with the pool company for 2020 will be signed by the end of December. If you're interested in helping, please email email@example.com before then.
- We need volunteers for our Holiday Decorating Committee! Do you love the end-of-year holidays? Do you love decorating for the holidays? We need volunteers to help set up the holiday decorations at our main entrance and around the clubhouse. If you'd be willing to help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instant Violations and Penalties - EXPANDED!!
(Posted October 1, 2019)
The HOA Board of Directors has expanded the list of "Instant Penalties" for covenant violations to include other violations as well as amenity use violations. These violations incur an immediate penalty that will not be waived. It is up to every homeowner and resident to be aware of these penalties and to check the website frequently for updates. You can find the most recent list of penalties on our Governing Documents page.
A New Management Company for Avensong, Avencroft and the Village!
(Updated October 01, 2019)
Homeside Properties Inc. (HPI) is now Avensong's Community Association Management Company!
As of October, 01, 2019, Homeside Properties Inc. (HPI) is the community association management company for all sections of Avensong, including the Carriage, the Village and Avencroft!
Homeowners, be sure to visit the HPI website (link available on the "Manage Your HPI Account" tab or click here) and register for access to your accounts! You will be able to pay your dues and monitor violations among other benefits! Please note: if you live in the Village or in Avencroft, you will have to register two (2) accounts - one for the Avensong (Master) HOA and one for your respective sub-HOA (Village or Avencroft).
Your contact at HPI is: Stephen Jones, Community Association Manager (CAM). He can be contacted via email at SJones@homesideproperties.com.
The Homeside Properties Inc., offices are conveniently located to Avensong, 3 miles south on Deerfield and across Windward at the intersection of Westside Pkwy and Cumming St. 2555 Westside Parkway, Suite 600, Alpharetta, GA 30004. The general office phone number is 678.297.9566.
HOA Dues Delinquencies
(Posted August 01, 2019)
Attention Avensong Homeowners: The Avensong HOA Board of Directors has issued an important statement regarding HOA Dues Delinquencies. Please visit our Governing Documents page to read and download a copy of this statement.
HOA Committees need your help!
If you own a home and/or live in Avensong, this is your community and the HOA Board of Directors needs your help taking care of it! We have several committees with openings and would love to have more of our residents involved!
If you are interested in being a part of any of these committees, or would like more information on what they do, please email email@example.com and put "committees" in the subject line!
ACC - Helps maintain community design standards and works with residents to make sure they keep to those standards. (More info below)
Neighborhood Watch - Works with the Milton Police Department in keeping our community safe for everyone. (More info below)
Finance - Help review community financials and work with the board to plan accordingly.
Pool - Help keep an eye on things at the the pool to make sure it runs safely all summer long.
If you have other ideas for our community, please let us know! We're always willing to hear from our neighbors!
In and around the clubhouse
Propping Open Secured Gates and Doors is Prohibited!
The gates and doors around the pool and tennis courts require secure card access for everyone’s safety and protection. Propping these gates and doors open leaves the neighborhood (you!) open to security concerns, damages and liability. It also causes damage to the gates and locking mechanisms. Anyone caught propping open secured gates and doors, or accessing the amenities by any means other than using an active amenity card, will be subject to loss of amenity privileges. (Smile, you’re on video camera!)
No Overnight Parking at the Clubhouse!
Any unauthorized parking at the clubhouse after the amenities are closed will result in your vehicle being towed. If you need to park at the clubhouse overnight (extra house guests, moving van, etc.) please contact the HOA to let us know. If we don’t have your vehicle make/tag info on file, your vehicle may be towed. Contact the HOA for clubhouse parking information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Architectural Control Committee
In 2018 the ACC completed an update of our community design standards.
Please remember an ACC Change Request form must be submitted and approval received before exterior changes to your home or landscaping can begin. In the event that any exterior work without prior approval of the ACC occurs, the board may impose an immediate fine of $250.00 with additional daily fines possible.
The Design Standards and Application for Architectural Change can be found on the "Governing Documents" page of this website.
If you have questions about our community standards, exterior projects you are considering for your home or the ACC process, please contact the ACC at ACC@avensong.org.
The Neighborhood Watch
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you call 9-1-1 from your cell phone you MUST mention CITY OF MILTON or your call will be routed to Forsyth County!
Currently we are not holding regularly scheduled Neighborhood Watch meetings. As the Milton Police Department provides us with crime watch updates, we will share them on the "Crime Watch" page of this website.
Please check back regularly for updates about what's going on in Avensong!
If you have not registered on the website, please do so. You will be added to our email list and you will receive regular updates and notices about Avensong happenings!
If you have any comments, thoughts or questions about our community, we’d love to hear from you! Please visit our Board Members & Contacts page for how to email the HOA Board of Directors and management company personnel.