Welcome to Avensong!
(Updated: March 19, 2019)
We hope this newsletter will provide our residents helpful information about what’s happening in our neighborhood! If you have any questions about Avensong, please feel free to contact the Avensong HOA at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What's Happening in Avensong!
HOA Committees need your help!
If you own a home and/or live in Avensong, this is your community and the HOA Board needs your help taking care of it! We have several committees with openings and would love to have more of our residents involved!
If you are interested in being a part of any of these committees, or would like more information on what they do, please email email@example.com and put "committees" in the subject line!
Finance - Help review community financials and work with the board to plan accordingly
Pool - Help keep an eye on things at the the pool to make sure it runs safely all summer long
ACC - helps maintain community design standards and works with residents to make sure they keep to those standards
2019 POOL SEASON DATES ANNOUNCED
Our pool will open for the 2019 on Saturday, May 25 2019 (Memorial Day Weekend) and will be open daily from 10am-8pm until the end of the season, Monday, September 3, 2019 (Labor Day Weekend).
Please remember, there is no lifeguard on duty so swim at your own risk.
Pool rules for Avensong and Fulton County are posted on signs at the pool gates. Please adhere to these rules otherwise we risk being closed for the season!
There is NO lifeguard on duty. Swim at your own risk!
- The pool will be open to residents with valid amenity cards from 10am to 8pm.
- You must have your valid amenities card with you with the 2019 pool sticker affixed.
- Bathers without a valid amenity card will be considered trespassing.
- Opening a gate for someone without a valid amenity card is not allowed.
- Residents may not share their cards with other residents (1 home, 1 card).
- Residents with a valid amenity card may bring up to (4) guests, any age, to the pool area.
- Residents of Avensong are not permitted to be “guests” of another resident.
- No private parties (remember, only 4 guests per card).
- You may not use the pool or gated pool area for private business.
- Pool gates and bathroom doors are NOT to be propped open.
- Proper swim attire is required. Infants not fully toilet trained must use swim diapers.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No offensive language or disruptive/offensive behavior will be tolerated.
- No smoking inside the gated areas.
- No alcoholic beverages.
- No skateboards, bikes, roller blades or other “ride on” toys allowed in the pool area.
- No running or playing in the gated pool area.
- No glass containers in the gated pool area.
- No pets in the gated pool area.
- No loud music – please use headphones.
- “Pool toys” only – no footballs, baseballs, Frisbees or other hard toys allowed in the pool area.
If you have questions about our pool, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and put "pool" in the subject line.
The gates and doors around the pool and tennis courts require secure card access for everyone’s safety and protection. Propping these gates and doors open leaves the neighborhood (you!) open to security concerns, damages and liability. It also causes damage to the gates and locking mechanisms. Anyone caught propping open secured gates and doors, or accessing the amenities by any means other than using an active amenity card, will be subject to loss of amenity privileges. (Smile, you’re on video camera!)
No Overnight Parking at the Clubhouse!
Any unauthorized parking at the clubhouse after the amenities are closed will result in your vehicle being towed. If you need to park at the clubhouse overnight (extra house guests, moving van, etc.) please contact the HOA to let us know. If we don’t have your vehicle make/tag info on file, your vehicle may be towed. Contact the HOA for clubhouse parking information at email@example.com.
The Neighborhood Watch
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you call 9-1-1 from your cell phone you MUST mention CITY OF MILTON or your call will be routed to Forsyth County!
Currently we are not holding regularly scheduled Neighborhood Watch meetings. As the Milton Police Department provides us with crime watch updates, we will share them on the "Crime Watch" page of this website.
Our community has been approved by City of Milton for a traffic study to be conducted in our neighborhood. As we receive details about the study and its impact on us, we will share them. The results of that study will help us determine what traffic calming aids we may be able to use to help ensure the safety of our neighborhood. If you would like more information on traffic calming, please visit City of Milton Traffic Calming website.
*Basic home safety tips from the Neighborhood Watch:
- If you park outside of your garage, make sure nothing "tempting" is visible. Bring all valuables into your home and remember to wipe "prints" left by device holders off windows.
- Lock the door from your garage into your home. If someone breaks into your garage, the next step is to try the door to the house!
- Take your car key fob to bed with you. You can use the "alarm" function to set off your car alarm if there is a problem.
- Consider converting your outdoor floodlights to "motion-sensor" lights. Lights turning on are a big deterrent to thieves.
- When throwing away cartons from high-end items (TVs, computers, etc.) break down the boxes on trash day and put them in the trash/recycle cans. Don't advertise your valuables to thieves!
- As always, if you need help, call 9-1-1. Remember, if you call from your cell phone you need to say "City of Milton"!
Please be aware that according to the City of Milton, it is illegal to park in the following places – you can be ticketed and towed!!
- No Parking in front of a fire hydrant.
- No Parking in front of/blocking driveways that are not yours.
- No Parking within 50’ (fifty feet) of a street corner with a stop sign.
If you see any of these parking violations, please call the Milton Police.
*Please visit the Crime Watch page on this website for more safety tips and updated information on the Neighborhood Watch program!
Architectural Control Committee
In 2018 the ACC completed an update of our community design standards.
Please remember an ACC Change Request form must be submitted and approval received before exterior changes to your home or landscaping can begin. In the event that any exterior work without prior approval of the ACC occurs, the board may impose an immediate fine of $250.00 with additional daily fines possible.
The Design Standards and Application for Architectural Change can be found on the "Documents" page of this website or downloaded here.
If you have questions about our community standards, exterior projects you are considering for your home or the ACC process, please contact the ACC at ACC@avensong.org.
Please check back regularly for updates about what's going on in Avensong!
If you have not registered on the website, please do so. You will be added to our email list and you will receive regular updates and notices about Avensong happenings!
If you have any comments, thoughts or questions about our community, we’d love to hear from you! Please contact the HOA at firstname.lastname@example.org!
If you have questions for our management company, please contact Nikki Butcher at FirstService Residential.