Homeowner\'s Association Annual Meeting Held
Posted on Feb 28th, 2009
Our annual HOA meeting was held on February 28, 2009 at Manning Oaks Elementary School. Only Avencroft had a quorum present. For those of you who were unable to attend the meeting, here are the highlights:
- There were no nominations or volunteers for the three vacant Avencroft board positions. If you would like to serve on the Avencroft board, please let us know. It is important that we have homeowners from that section of the neighborhood to oversee the administration of the Avencroft budget.
- Alan Tart and Lynda Cunningham agreed to remain on the master board as the Carriage and Village representatives, respectively. We are looking for a homeowner from Avencroft to serve on the master board. If you own a home in Avencroft and would like to serve on the master board, please let us know .
- Betsey Downing, Lynda Cunningham, and Bonnie Fickle agreed to remain on the Village board.
- Alan Tart gave a presentation summarizing the current status of the neighborhood, accomplishments of the past year, and activities planned for this year.
- Robert Landis, our CommunityOne Associates property manager, gave a financial report.
- This year, due to economic conditions and budgetary constraints, the HOA is performing only those repairs, replacements, and enhancements that are absolutely necessary and/or that have minimal costs to the HOA, including replacing pool tiles along the water line, installing an automatic chlorinator, replacing the sand in the pool filters, improving the website, remediation of a detention pond, and improving safety and sight distances at intersection of Avensong Crossing and Avensong Ives Way (this will done in cooperation with the City of Milton).
- The HOA will also be overseeing mailbox restoration in the Carriage, revision of the design standards and other policies, successful amendment of our covenants and bylaws, covenant enforcement, and several social events.