Investors, Tenants, Agents
Welcome to Avensong!
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR:
PROPERTY MANAGERS HIRED BY INVESTORS
and REAL ESTATE AGENTS
Avensong is NOT a rental community and we have unique rules in place for Investors.
- Please visit the Governing Documents page on this website. Along with our Leasing Rules and Regulations. you will find ALL of our Governing Documents publicly available for review including: our Covenants, Bylaws, ACC Requirements, Fining Procedures, community rules and amenity rules.
- ALL Avensong OWNERS must register on this website, including investors. The Board of Directors uses this website to convey important, owner-specific information to homeowners. Your hired agents will not be granted access to our Owner Information page for you (see below).
INVESTORS please note the following highlights from our Leasing Rules and Regulations:
If you have questions about owning an investment property in Avensong, please contact the Avensong HOA Boards of Directors at email@example.com.
- The Avensong HOA Boards of Directors, and its agents, are not required to work with an investor's hired property managers. You are the homeowner, you are solely responsibility for your property, and your are who the Board, and its agents, will contact when needed. Your choice to hire someone to manage your property is not our concern and it is not our responsibility to keep up with who they are. You are welcome to provide your hired agent your information for accessing your accounts, but neither the Avensong HOA Boards of Directors, nor its agents, will provide any owner-accessible information to your agents on your behalf.
- Investors are required to submit a copy of the current lease on their Avensong home to the Avensong HOA Board of Directors within 7 days of the date of execution or you will be automatically fined $250.00.
- Your lease must include the link to our Governing Documents webpage (www.avensong.org/docs) IN THE BODY OF YOUR LEASE as a stipulation. Failure to include this will also incur an automatic $250.00 fine.
- We DO NOT ACCEPT EXTERNAL LINKS for any submitted documents. Too often your links don't work and it is not our job to chase you to get what we need so you can avoid being fined. Please be sure to attach your documents to your emails so we can be sure to receive it in a timely manner.
- Investors and their tenants are required to comply with all our community rules, just like our resident owners. All our community rules are publicly available on the Governing Documents page of this website.
- Investors must provide legitimate off-site contact information, email contact information and contact phone numbers to our community management company.
- Failure to provide this information may result in a minimum $250.00 fine being assessed to your homeowner account.
- Failure to provide this information will not excuse or waive any violations and/or fines accrued on the homeowner accounts.
- For amenity access for your tenants, if your previous tenant did not leave their amenity card behind, you will need to purchase a new amenity card for new tenants. Per our Covenants, amenity access passes to your tenant and any newly purchased amenity cards will be delivered directly to your tenants. How you deal with the cost of any new amenity card or the return of an amenity card after a tenancy is between you and your tenant.
More information on what is required of investors in our community is included on our Leasing Rules and Regulations publicly available on the Owner Information page of this website.
TENANTS please note the following:
If you have questions about living in our community, please feel free to contact the Avensong HOA Boards of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tenants must register on this website. Our Leasing Rules and Regulations require you provide emergency contact to the Avensong HOA Board of Directors and this is the best way to do that. When you register you will also be added to the community eblast distribution list so. You will receive community updates and kept informed about what is happening in Avensong (as a resident in our community we want you to know what is happening in our community).
- Tenants have the right to access our amenities, but there are requirements iyou and your landlord must meet before you will be given access.
- Your landlord's accounts must be in good standing before any tenant will be granted amenity access. This means there are no outstanding violations on the property and all dues/fines have been paid. Please do not tell us your landlord is current on their account, unless you manage their business, you don't know that. If your amenity card does not work, contact your landlord.
- You and your landlord must complete our Annual Amenity Card Audit before amenity cards will be activated for the upcoming year. Please contact your landlord about this process.
- The Avensong HOA Boards of Directors will not get involved in disputes between you and your landlord. Please read your leases carefully to make sure you know what your landlord expects from you as a tenant in their home, and to make sure what you expect from your landlord is also clearly identified in the lease. Other than getting your contact information (like we have for all our residents), what you and your landlord agree to regarding the care of the home is none of our business.
PROPERTY MANAGERS HIRED BY INVESTORS please note the following:
- While we understand your job as an employee of an investor is to manage a home, you need to understand our job is to work with homeOWNERS in the maintenance of their properties and property accounts.
- We will be happy to respond to your questions about a property in general. Property and account information is provided to OWNERS through online accounts they need to create. As their contracted agent, they will either have to provide you with access to those accounts or they will have to retrieve the information you need.
- If there is a concern with a property, the OWNER will be contacted by the Avensong HOA Board of Directors and/or its agents. We do not track who you are or what property you work with. Experience has taught us that most likely you will either be assigned to a new property or will leave the employ of the investor, and investors are notorious for not keeping us informed of these changes.
REAL ESTATE AGENTS/MANAGERS please note the following:
If you have questions about listing/selling a home in Avensong, please contact the Avensong HOA Boards of Directors at email@example.com.
- With the exception of some common area property at/around our main entrance, Avensong is made up of private property owned by individual homeowners. DO NOT PLACE YOUR SIGNS ON PRIVATE PROPERTY. Please contact the Avensong HOA Board of Directors for information on where your signs are permitted. Improperly placed signs will be thrown away.
- For Sale/For Lease/For Rent signs are not permitted on Avensong common area and may only be placed in the yard of the home you are selling/renting. Improperly placed signs will be removed and thrown away.
- "Open House" event signs may be placed on COMMON AREAS ONLY. They may be placed the day before the open house and must be removed after the open house has ended. Improperly placed signs, signs put up too early or signs left after the event will be removed and thrown away.
- Neither the Avensong HOA Boards of Directors, nor their agents, are responsible for your signs. You are responsible for your signs and by placing them in/around our community, you do so at your own risk. If your signs are missing please do not come to us about them. The City of Milton may remove your signs due to permit violations. Vandals may remove your signs because they can. Other agents may remove your signs to make room for their own.
- Neither the Avensong HOA Board of Directors, nor the Avensong ACC, will "pre-approve" modifications a potential buyer may want to make to a home. We do not get involved in the sale of Avensong homes and we will not put ourselves in a position of becoming a contingency for a sale. Our Governing Documents, including our Community Design Standards, are publicly available. Future homeowners are encouraged to read through those documents before buying a home in Avensong if they intend to modify the exterior of the home. (Interior modifications are not subject to HOA/ACC approval.)
- Please do NOT tell your clients, potential clients, or people you meet in our community, that what they want to do in/around their Avensong property is ok. You have no authority to make decisions on behalf of our community. Please direct all questions about Avensong to the Avensong HOA Boards of Directors at firstname.lastname@example.org.