Homeowners are responsible for checking this page regularly to find updated community standards, usage rules, revised/updated covenants, policies and resolutions, etc.
- Avensong Declaration of Protective Covenants
- Bylaws for Avensong Community Association
- Bylaws for the Village at Avensong
- Bylaws for Avencroft at Avensong
- Avensong Community Design Standards (UPDATED October 2022!)
Additional Resolutions and information:
- Avensong Fining Rules and Resolutions
- ACC Fining Rules and Resolution
- Application for Architectural and Landscape Change
- Automatic Penalty/Fine Schedule for Avensong and its sub-HOAs
- Homeowner Conduct Toward HOA Board Members & Agents Resolution
- Avensong Leasing Rules and Regulations Resolution
- Avencroft at Avensong Parking Rules and Regulations
- Village at Avensong Property Rights and Usage
- 2023 Amenity Use Rules
- City of Milton Noise Ordinance as of June 26, 2020
- HOA 101 - A Simple Guide to the Avensong HOA
IMPORTANT HOMEOWNER HOA NOTICES/PROJECTS CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THE OWNER INFORMATION PAGE.
Architectural Control for Exterior Home and Landscape Changes
NOTE: For a quicker response, please send requests to ACC@avensong.org and not to our management company.
All architectural or landscape changes to the exterior of your home require approval by the Avensong Architectural Control Committee (ACC). Homeowners should download all ACC documentation before each modification project to ensure they have the latest versions. The ACC is not responsible if homeowners use outdated documentation.
NOTE TO CONTRACTORS: If you are submitting a Modification Request FORM on behalf of an Avensong homeowner please read the application carefully and provide ONLY the information requested. If you are not sure what is required, please email ACC@avensong.org before submitting unnecessary information that may delay the review process for the project.
The completion and submission of an Application for Architectural and Landscape Change must be made prior to beginning any modifications or changes to the exterior of your home. Please note, there may be additional information or documentation required in order for your request to be approved. The completed form and all necessary supporting documentation should be submitted directly to the Avensong Architectural Control Committee. Forms and information submitted via USPS (regular mail) should be mailed to the management company contact and address listed on the change application form. For faster processing it is recommended that you rename your scans with your address and project (ex: "123 Street roof p1" and "123 Street roof p2") and make the files as small as possible but still legible. Large file sizes that are all named "image" may get lost while being reformatted for review.
Please remember, failure to submit an Application for Architectural and Landscape Change and receive approval before beginning work on your home may result in a minimum $250.00 fine as outlined in the ACC Fining Rules and Resolution.
Before beginning ANY exterior alteration project to your home/property, please be sure to review the latest version of our Community Design Standards. Design Standards may be updated frequently due to the change in product availability.
The updated Design Standards Document contains standards for ALL of Avensong. Section specific items are noted under each category in the document. An appendix has been added to the Standards document outlining the ACC Standard Operating Procedures. This information is available to everyone for the understanding and clarity of the ACC process.
- For questions on modifications/changes specific to your home, please contact the Architectural Control Committee.
- Download a copy of the Application for Architectural or Landscape Change here.
The following items are common to all homes in Avensong and are included in the Avensong Community Design Standards. For your convenience, we are listing them here. Please refer to the Avensong Community Design Standards for more information on these items as well as information specific to the section of Avensong that you live in.
Trees and Responsibilities:
(NOTE: Please contact the City of Milton arborist for "tree canopy percentage" information)
Paint, Siding and Shingles:
(The following documents are for "quick-reference" only. Please refer to the Avensong Community Design Standards for complete information on these items.)
Village at Avensong Property Rights and Responsibilities:
Per our Covenants, property lines in the Village are off-set from the fence lines. On the "blind side" (no windows or doors) of almost every home in the Village, the occupants next to the "blind side" of a home have a "right-to-use" easement of the land adjacent to their patio up to the side of the neighboring home as long as there is no damage or harm caused by the use and the use is allowed per the covenants. This "right-to-use" extends along a line defined by the blind side wall of the home, running the entire length of the property.
- Village homeowners have the right of access to the "blind side" of their home through for maintenance only.
- Keystone properties in the Village may not have this "right-to-use" easement on either side of their home.
- Shared fence walls are the responsibility of all owners using the shared wall regardless of property lines.
- It is up to each homeowner in the Village to confirm their actual property lines for maintenance and liability concerns.